Audiologist: Private practice, full-time position, and great team!
You enjoy making a difference in the lives of others. You want an opportunity to come in, showcase your passion, have a voice, and be part of an amazing team.
The Company: West Tennessee Hearing & Speech Center
We are a public, independent nonprofit, community-oriented audiology, and speech pathology practice that has been providing comprehensive hearing and speech services to the West Tennessee for almost 70 years. We are staffed by Doctors of Audiology and Hearing Instrument Specialists, who are committed to giving our patients the highest quality hearing health care available. We provide state-of-the-art hearing aid technology, advanced hearing testing and tinnitus services. We absolutely love what we do! Bringing improved hearing and better communication to our patients’ lives is our passion. We strive for a strong patient-provider relationship based on honesty, integrity, and values, and we feel that this is the best approach to making sure our patients don’t miss any of the precious moments in their lives.
We work together as a team to create an environment that makes people comfortable and helps them work towards better hearing and quality of life. The right candidate will appreciate autonomy, naturally self-driven, and excited for potential growth and expansion within the region. Our team received the Nonprofit of the Year Award in 2010 and 2018.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Audiologist will be responsible for performing comprehensive diagnostic testing, hearing aid evaluation, selection, and fitting, patient counseling, and follow-up care. Our clinic focuses on treating hearing loss in both children and adults.
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Performs Diagnostic Testing
- Performs tympanometry, and acoustic reflex threshold testing and DPOAE testing.
- Interprets test results and provides reporting to physicians and other medical professionals.
Hearing Aid Evaluation and Fitting
- Counsels patients regarding test results, and gains a complete understanding of the patient’s hearing needs and lifestyle to develop a customized hearing care plan.
- Performs selection, programming, and verification of the appropriate hearing aid technology to best meet the patient’s individual needs.
- Provides ongoing management including follow-up and education, hearing aid checks and adjustments, repairs, and cleanings as necessary to maintain ongoing patient relationships.
Assists in Professional and Community Outreach
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team engaging in fundraising, marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations. This includes informational presentations regarding hearing loss, treatment options, and technology to local community groups, facilities, and medical professionals.
- AuD or applicable MS degree. Current Tennessee Audiologist License (or ability to obtain one by time of hire) and Hearing Aid Dispenser License in good standing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail oriented.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please apply now!
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Flexible scheduling
- Retirement plan
- Paid Holidays and PTO- Flexible
- Specialized Training
Please apply to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org